[J22-Fleet 1] Cool Icebreaker Update - Confirmed for This Weekend

George george at pcspeed.com
Tue Apr 22 18:22:06 UTC 2008

Excellent  - thank you .

George

From: myc at aol.com [mailto:myc at aol.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 22, 2008 12:42 PM
To: george at pcspeed.com; j22 at lists.wyc.org
Cc: board at lists.wyc.org; Boogie513 at mchsi.com; Derrick.Reig at cognos.com; rorylewis1 at earthlink.net; steven.r.lowery at wellsfargo.com
Subject: Re: Cool Icebreaker Update - Confirmed for This Weekend

Hi all,
As of 10:00am, ice was out of Wayzata Bay, but still packed in most of the main lower lake from Browns Bay across towards Big Island. It should be completely out later today or tomorrow.

Juris had some problems, but Steve is working on them right now (just spoke to him), so we should be OK for RC this weekend.

FYI:
1) Do not be surprised if I put the lifejacket flag up regardless of how nice it is out this weekend. The water temps will still be in the 30s, and "safety has no season."  ;)

2) I would NOT have been able to do race management if you postponed the regatta to next weekend. I made alternative committments for that Saturday many months ago, since there was nothing on the WYC schedule for that date. In other words, I'm always happy to be flexible as much as possible, but it can be a challenge to change the schedule without asking the Race Committee first. ;)

3) SIs?

See you this weekend!
Blake