[J22-Fleet 1] Meeting recap

Lars Hansen Lars at thestudio-mpls.com
Mon Mar 31 20:35:44 UTC 2008

A *HUGE *thanks to George for putting it all together for a great J22
winter/spring meeting.

Thanks

George did almost all of it by himself,  he went to the store, bought
fun food and beverages, got some ice, brought it all to the studio, set
up the bar, cut all the limes, then set up the power point projector and
gave the power point presentation he had prepared earlier an so on. See
what I'm trying to get at? George needs our help so he does not get
burned out.

George's presentation was about our fleet growing up. We have come along
way here with J22 Fleet #1, we are the "Premier" racing fleet at the
Wayzata Yacht club. WoooHooo!

OK back in your seats,

Now it is time for us J22 kids to grow up a little as well. I'm as
guilty as the next guy as far as sitting back and letting the other
people take care of stuff and I apologize.
Now is the chance for us to help our fleet grow up some more and take
responsibility for being the "premier" fleet. It is time to volunteer so
George does not have to do it all by himself. Like any club 10% of the
people do 90% of the work and then they get burned out and move on. Any
body remember Steve Vizanko? He got burned out and left the fleet. Time
for that behavior to stop.

George needs help with web site, somebody needs to step up and help,
Dallas is not the only one with those skills.
We need to get on board with the A series party, someone step up and
volunteer to organize and get more helpers.
The Richardson Cup is at our club this year. This is a high profile
event for the club and the fleet, Get involved, participate.
The ADA regatta has been poorly attended by the 22 fleet, if you don't
like the event you could help to promote a better alternative, if not
then support what the others are doing.

It is a pain in the ass and not much to have to ask people to do stuff
or help , so rather than be a slacker, step up and volunteer.

Stepping off my soapbox now.

Some people may have missed the party/meeting because they did not hear
about it, check to make sure your friends are getting these emails from
the list server as some are not. The servers list may have been updated
and they fell off the list.

Last, we also will have unconditional amnesty for the return of the
missing "olive magnet" from the studio's refrigerator. No questions asked

Thanks to all the people who helped clean up the studio after the party,
I hardly had to do more than clean the floor and put out the recycling
so Thanks.

I'm looking forward to sailing with a bunch of different people this
summer, should be a good year if the ice clears out.

Lars J22 865