[J22-Fleet 1] WYC Fleet # 1 News - Richardson Cup Update

George Hansen george at pcspeed.com
Mon Sep 29 04:16:32 UTC 2008

cid:image002.jpg at 01C8A341.24AABC70

WYC Fleet # 1 Championship

In a very close 2008 champ series that came right down to the finish of the
last race, I am happy to report that J22 820 - Aquavit - George Hansen and
team have won the 2008 J22 Champ Series !  We had some great action this
year with high winds, tight finishes, and very competitive racing.     It
has been a very rewarding season racing against the best in our fleet and I
could not be imagine a better way to finish the season.   Congratulations to
J22 521 - Chilly Willy - Sean Hendrickson on a strong season and 2nd place,
and to J22 1543 - Oranje - John Peterson and team for finishing 3rd.   Well
done guys.

Sail #

Name

TOTAL

Place

820

Aquavit

George Hansen

19

1

521

Chilly Willy

Sean Hendrickson

21

2

1543

Oranje

John Peterson

21.2

3

486

en fuego

Mike Miller

24

4

1071

Irish Temper

Dan Towey

34

5

963

Who's Driving

Mike Bowers

35.1

6

443

Rocket Dog

Nicolie Hendrickson

40

7

1311

Norwegian Woody

Jappa Lovald

41.2

8

431

Hot Flash

Carol Pine

81

9

692

SheMIGHT

MN Women's Sailing

106

10

New J22 Fleet # 1 Captain

I am pleased to announce that J22 Fleet # 1 has a new Fleet Captain - John
Peterson.   As  most of you know - John is an inspired racer who brings a
wealth of knowledge and experience to this position.  He is extremely
knowledgeable when it come to the rules and has traveled extensively
(including 2 worlds overseas), while campaigning 1543, Oranje over the past
several years.  John is a great asset to the fleet, and I wish him all the
best in his as fleet captain.  For me - It has been an honor to serve as J22
Fleet # 1 captain and I want to thank everyone for making our fleet one of
the best in the country.  Let's keep it up, and please join me in welcoming
John as J22 Fleet # 1 captain.  Good luck buddy - the fleet is lucky to have
you !

Richardson <http://www.lmsrf.org/yrugl/R_trophy.htm>  Cup Update

October 10th, 11th, 12th, are the dates. 12 competitors & 4 Umpires are
confirmed.  PRO, Fundraising, and logistics are in place.   So this is
shaping up to be a great event.

Based on previous conversations, agenda and donated boat list are below.
Please contact me if you are unable to donate your boat as planned.   More
details will follow this week including sails, equipment, insurance,  and
other pertinent details - and I will be contacting boat owners individually
to cover details.    We will also have info on spectator opportunities, and
social invitations for those interested in cheering the hometown boys as
they match race the midwest's best sailors.  J22 Fleet # 1 Participants:

Lars Hansen

John Peterson

McLean Potts

Event Agenda

10/9 Thursday Night - Welcome Reception

Richardson Cup Racers, Umpires, and WYC members

                                Apps, Cocktails, Beer Provided by WYC

10/10 Friday Night - NorthCoast

Richardson Cup Racers and Umpires

                                Apps, Beer Provided - Cash Bar

10/11 Saturday Night  - Match Racer's Ball

Richardson Cup Racers and Umpires and WYC Board Members

                                Full Dinner, Bar, and Entertainment

10/12 Sunday - Awards Ceremonies

                Richardson Cup Racers and Umpires and WYC Board Members

                                Lunch, Bar, Awards

Boats & Sails

1.       820 - George Hansen

2.       443 - Sean Hendrickson