[J22-Fleet 1] ADA Regatta

John Dyer dyer.john at slpschools.org
Wed Jun 10 17:52:16 CDT 2009

Hi Dallas,

I don¹t know much about the ADA regatta other than the purpose is exemplary
(my father died from diabetes 30 years ago) and that it appears to be poorly
attended by J22¹s ever since I can remember.

Perhaps the J22 and J24 fleets could sit down and brainstorm some ideas to
increase participation and these could be presented to the organizers of the
event.

Ideas could include:

* Crew steering-only event (regular owner/drivers sit on their hands).
* More starts for the J22/J24¹s
* Event rescheduled such that UMYC and MYC racers could enjoy an invitation
to steer a keel boat without their losing champ races.
* J22¹s and J24¹s swap boats (have always wanted to race on a J24...)
* Include Lasers and 420¹s in the fleets that start. I¹d be happy to loan
out my Laser. Bruce Martinson could run the whole event with all the lasers
he owns. Sorry Bruce.
* Reschedule event to coincide with the excellent training that Bert & Co.
do at the beginning of the year.
* Make the event more family oriented (as Mikey has suggested with J22¹s) by
having those blow up bouncy things, face painting, snow cones, etc.

Anyway, you get the idea.

Best,

John