[J22-Fleet 1] Cool Cup NOR

Thorn Turner jtturner12 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 30 14:20:01 CDT 2009

Fleet 1,

Here's the NOR for the upcoming Cool Cup on May 2-3.  Johnny P will be with Team Zoom at the J-24 Worlds so he asked me to fill in.

To encourage participation by as many boats as possible I’ve made a couple of minor modifications:  1) waived entry fee for off-lake boats, and 2) a liberal interpretation of the crew substitution policy – within reason, if you can’t get the same team both days, just let us know in advance.  Be there – no excuses!

I could use some help in the following (usual) areas:

·        Sponsorship – if you or anyone you know would like to be a part of the event in return for a small cash or in-kind donation we would love to talk with you.  We can offer signage at the club or along County Road 16, product or service displays, the opportunity to speak at the event, web promotion, etc.  The following levels are available:
o       Title
o       Saturday Social
o       Breakfast Friday and/or Saturday
o       Sunday social
o       Awards
o       Contributing
·        Social – help with purchasing, preparing, serving and cleaning up; ideally something on Friday evening and Sunday afternoon in addition to Saturday evening if we have the funds.
·        Registration – assist with checking in, collecting regatta and Fleet 1 dues, weigh-in, etc.  5 – 7 pm on Friday evening, then 8 – 9 am on Saturday.

Please let me know if you can help in any of the areas above, or have any questions or comments.  Let’s get the season kicked off right!

Thorn
612-743-4929