[J22-Fleet 1] Leech Lake Regatta

Beth Frampton beth.frampton at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 08:10:18 CDT 2011

Hey J22 Sailors,

There are currently two J22s going to Leech Lake Regatta from WYC this year.
If we get two J22s more we will have our own fleet, trophies, etc.

We have taken Parrrley the past 2 years, and it is a great time, family
friendly, an easy drive, with easy camping. A one-design J22 fleet would
make it all the better.

Beth Frampton

A few details from Rudy Ruedenberg:

______________________________

  http://www.shoresofleechlake.com/regatta.htm

The regatta is also happening on the same weekend as Walker Bay Days
Festival  http://walkerbaydays.com/index.htm
There will lots of activities for the whole family.

One of the trophies is for the regatta is Yacht Club with the
Best finishes.  The Wayzata Yacht club has one this trophy several times in
the past but we would like to do it again this year!  The more WYC boats
coming to race the better chance we have of this.
The lake level is high and the lake has a sandy bottom, so no need to worry
about the keel.  They will also have a crane out available.  Also WYC is
offering free use of our crane for any boat entering the regatta.

WYC boats that are entering so far are Parrley, Persistence and Cyclone.  I
also know of an S2 7.9 from up there that will race this year.

 Lodging options vary from camping at the Marina, or staying on your boat,
to renting cabins at the Leech Lake resorts, to motel rooms in Walker, MN.
The regatta typically draws a variety of around 50 boats ranging from 16ft
scows to multi hauls to  35 ft keel boats.  Boats are usually grouped into 7
or 8 divisions by PHRF.   If you can get a group of three or more of a one
design boat they will create your own start and trophies etc.
Registration includes banquet tickets and other prizes.  Early registration
ends Aug. 6th !

--
Beth Frampton
beth.frampton at gmail.com