[J22-Fleet 1] J22 #738

Thorn Turner jtturner12 at yahoo.com
Tue May 3 20:32:30 CDT 2011

Fleet 1,

Here's a good 22 in Chicago area if you know anyone looking for a boat.  Believe
it was purchased for match racing and hasn't been sailed much the past few
years.  See Steve's description below.

We purchased this boat from Ken Mallinson in the Oklahoma fleet in 2005. Its is
a very solid J22 and we have used it for local sailing and have not traveled
with it. The keel, rudder, mast and spinnaker pole are in good shape. According
to the prior owner, the keel was faired professionally by a "guy in Dallas ",
and its been plenty fast in practice. The interior is in average condition and
could use a coat of paint. I haven’t noticed any dry rot near the chainplates as
is common on older Js. The baseboard supports however, have experienced some dry
rot over the years and could be replaced. Additionally, there is an interior
panel near the transom that needs replacing as identified by the prior owner.
Finally, there is a scratch under the front trailer support. The trailer is ok,
but could use repainting. All running, standing rigging and safety gear is
onboard. I could send you a copy of the last measurement certificate and we
haven’t updated it. While you would probably want to upgrade the running rigging
in order to be "regatta ready", the boat is sailable right now. We are offering
738 with used North sales at $9,500 and we have newer sails that we could
discuss separately if interested.

Steven R. Lowery
Highland Park , IL
312-269-4806 (w)