[J22-Fleet 1] Dave Cool Regatta 2015

Beth Frampton beth.frampton at gmail.com
Fri Apr 18 10:21:45 CDT 2014

As we approach Dave Cool Regatta with ice still on the lake, might we think
about moving the regatta to late May next year? (I'm the first to admit I'm
a cold weather wimp.)

*Pros:*

   - Less likely to be abandoned due to late ice out.
   - We might actually have nice weather.
   - Winds are still good in late May.
   - Still early enough for the season shakedown.

*Cons:*

   - A change of tradition.
   - Less character building.
   - Less sitting on the rail getting buckets of ice-cold water thrown in
   our face, and I know how much we all love that!

Perhaps we can discuss at Mike Miller's upcoming party.

Regards,

--
Beth Frampton
beth.frampton at gmail.com