[J22-Fleet 1] Looking for J22 for Cool Cup

Holly Jo Anderson holly at veritasmarketing.com
Wed May 10 11:35:08 CDT 2017

Forwarding from Matt Thompson.

Hey J22 Folks!

One last final plea for a boat to borrow for the upcoming Cool Cup. I know handing off your boat to unknowns is a big ask, so I wanted to make one last pitch. I fell in love with this fleet because I've been handed boats by owners: 506, 1311, 865, 1048, and others all made sailing in this fleet a possibility for me. I know I worked to earn that, but can't say that I entirely deserved it. Those folks went out on a limb and others spoke up for me. My turn.

This weekend, a team of up and coming kids from our own fleet and clubs needs to train for the Rose Cup in June. A national Youth Match Racing Championship, filled by resume, they're not slouches. They've been trained by Jon, Lars, Kurt and Myself for the past two years, we entrust them to get within inches of each other with our J22s on a weekly basis.

I'm hoping someone in our fleet can step up and get these kids on the water. They could crew for you, drive your boat for you, or borrow your empty lonely boat. They're prepared with a signifigant damage deposit and will use their own sails. They've got me looking over their should and I'm going to get them tuned, supervise the lift, and the put away. They know how to take care of a boat.

If you're one of the folks with a boat in the water this weekend, I humbly request you get a team together and race it, and if you can't - PLEASE share your boat with this awesome group of kids.

Hope to see you all on the water this weekend!

Matthew Thompson

J22 1311 & 881
Director

Wayzata Community Sailing Center