[J22-Fleet 1] Discounted sails purchase

Jeffery Cameron Cameron at bipl.net
Sun May 13 09:05:09 CDT 2018

Greetings Fleet #1!

Some of you have already committed to purchase discounted sails to support the U.S. Sailing Adult Championships we are hosting in September, but I wanted to make sure everyone was aware of the need and details.

As most of you know, we are hosting the US Sailing's National Championship event in our J/22's at the end of September.  In order to do this, we need to have new sails for each of the ten boats we will be using in the event.

North Sails has agreed to provide ten sets of sails for the event, but they are requiring that those sets be presold to buyers before the event takes place.  Since they will be used during the regatta, they are offering a 27% discount on them.  The sails can be bought by anyone.  The sails need to be purchased in August, but we need signed commitments before then to ensure they are being purchased.  We have commitments for seven sets, but need another three buyers to meet our obligations.  We would like to have the commitments completed by the end of May, if possible.

The sails can be made with any options a buyer would typically want (spinnaker colors, windows, trim stripes, etc.) and come with the buyer's sail numbers.  They could be picked up at the club or mailed to the buyer.

Also, if you have recently purchased a set directly from North, outside of this deal, but have not received or used them yet and want them to be part of this arrangement, contact me and perhaps they can be included in this offer.

Please pass this on to owners not on this list.  Interested buyers, please contact me at cameron at bipl.net<mailto:cameron at bipl.net> for more details.

Jeff Cameron
Regatta Co-organizer
Middle Crew J/22 1209