[J22-Fleet 1] [External] CO Stickers

Smith, Craig A (AME MN14) Craig.A.Smith at honeywell.com
Wed Apr 24 08:44:15 CDT 2019

Arguable whether a J/22, with no cabin doors for head, stateroom, or galley, requires a CO monitor.  The DNR was supposed to send stickers with registration package, but they never did.  Question: where does the "helm" sticker go?  The application diagram shows a center console.  Lady at the DNR told me to wrap it around the tiller.  I told her that was ridiculous and decided it was the ENGINE'S  throttle/tiller, so I put a sticker directly on the engine.

In Annapolis, I found my anchor rode too short, so I bought 100' at West marine - still too short until the measurer told me "you can stretch it dude."  Funny regatta story from Yappa: he was told his paddle was too short.  So he duct-taped a plastic glass on the end and they said "fine now."

Appreciate the tip on letting out max tow line:  in addition to less stretch/shock absorbing, I've seen crew tie it off so short I'm afraid I'll hit boat ahead if they slow suddenly.