[J24 ListSrv] TEAMYR01

Tim Oelschlager tim.oelschlager at mchsi.com
Tue Oct 4 23:25:45 CDT 2005

J/24 Class

Hi Everyone,

The end of the season is here and it's time to decide the team of the year
winner.
We try to award this at the banquet which is coming up soon.
We need to have all of our teams vote on this, please read carefully and
cast your vote to your Fleet Captain Jerry Krebsbach jkebs at mn.rr.com.
Please try to cast your vote soon so that the vests and trophies can be
engraved before the banquet.

Thanks,

J/24 Fleet #1 Captian,

Jerry Krebsbach

PS.. if you have trophy's from last season could you please
try to get them to me {Jerry} soon so that we can have them engraved for the
new winners at the banquet.

J/24 Class

Fleet #1

Yachting Team of the Year Trophy

2005 ???

1992 - SLEEPER

1993 - LEAD SLED

1994 - GOTCHA

1995 - RUSH

1996 - AMBUSH

1997 - DEAD RECKONING

1998 – Voodoo Lounge

1999 - Zoom

2000 – Dead Reckoning

2001 007

2002

2003 High Heels
2004 Hellfire

The  2005   season is nearing the end, and it is time for your boat to vote
on the Team of the Year award.  The following is a summary of the categories
that apply and the weights that each category carries.

PERFORMANCE:     50% of total score

The team that has shown the most performance improvement over last season,
or if it is their first season, the most improvement over this season.  This
does not mean the boat that won the most races should be given the most
points, it means improvement over past performance regardless of the final
finish place.

FLEET INVOLVEMENT AND GROWTH:     25% of total score

The team that shows the most fleet involvement and contributions toward
fleet growth.  Fleet involvement should include things like general
participation in racing events, participation in fleet activities such as
U-Gotta-Regatta, parties, seminars, participation in out-of-town regattas,
district and national events/activities, participation in club activities
such as board member, training sessions, and committees.  Contributions
toward fleet growth should include activities such as direct involvement
with encouraging people to purchase and race J/24's, involvement with and
encouragement to current less active members that might be in danger of
slipping away, and involvement in individual assistance in helping out with
tuning, boat handling and boat speed topics.

This category is very broad and should be looked at carefully.  Each
contribution that individual team members have made as well as the total
team involvement should be considered.

SPIRIT AND CAMARADERIE:     25% of total score

The team that shows the most spirit and camaraderie.  Spirit on and off the
race course and camaraderie in the fleet and club should be looked at for
this category.  It's not only the team that has fun regardless of how their
race is going, but the team that can have fun and encourage other people to
do likewise.  This category should include participation as an
organizer/worker at any of the social events for either the fleet or the
club, (remember - it's great to have fun at a good party, but it is better
to have helped throw the party and have fun at it too!)

Our team is :______________________    Our Favorite vest

                            Name
vest size