[J24 ListSrv]U Gotta Regatta

Tim Oelschlager tim.oelschlager at mchsi.com
Tue Sep 20 01:59:45 CDT 2005

Hi Everyone,

U-Gotta-Regatta is coming up in a couple of weeks and there is still a lot
to do. We need help from the fleet to put this regatta together. Let us know
what you can help out with.
Things we will need help with—

1. BOATS- we need all 18 of our own home boats on the starting line Saturday
morning. This is not optional it is mandatory for all of us to be there.
There are no excuses for leaving your boat at the dock. Need crew we got ‘em
good ones too. Need a skipper we got ‘em really great rock stars looking for
a boat. [3rd place last yrs U-gotta]  It will be very embarrassing to all of
us if our out of town guests see a whole bunch of boats sitting at the dock
for our regatta.

2. Scott Brigham is in charge of feeding all of you {imagine that} Scott
will need a lot helpers for a variety of things that go along with that
throughout the entire weekend.

3. Mike Miller is in charge of registration and that kind of stuff. He will
need some helpers to work with him.

4. Chad Olness is in charge of race committee and protest committee stuff
printing sailing instructions etc.

5. We need sponsor prizes
 We don’t have a lot of that kind of stuff yet. I’
m sure that we all work somewhere we can sneak a couple of items out the
back door w/o the boss noticing.  Stuff we just need stuff for the raffle.
Try to see what you can come up with. Even a cheap bottle of rum from the
liquor store would be a big help. Or something like that.

6. We need someone to help our out of town guests with the crane all day
Friday and again on Sunday.

7.Lodging—We need people to be able to put up with some drunken sailors,
oops I mean our really nice out of town guests for the weekend. It would be
great if we could put most of our out of town guests up for the weekend.  I
made the promise to them that it will be available. I’m hoping to not have
12 teams at my house.

8. Crew- do you need crew?? Have extra crew?? We need to have some extra
crew for our out of town guests and our own boats.

9. Clean up crew. Ya it’s a %*)$#^’Y  job but somebody has to do it. We need
helpers to clean up all weekend long. It’s our event and our party. It’s not
Steve Brens job to clean up after us. We have to do that.

10. We need a Regatta chairperson- as of yet we don’t have an official
regatta chairperson. {Looks like it might be me –Huh}

11. And a whole bunch of other last minute stuff we forgot to mention. There
is always plenty of that.

The T-shirts, trophies, notice of race, {Thanks to Jeff Hames of The Print
Shop}  race committee, protest committee, and most of those kind of things
have been done already.

We need you the rest of the fleet to help out with the regatta.
It seems that 3or 4 of us always do all of the organizing and running of the
regatta. The majority of you all get to go race sailboats all weekend and
enjoy the party, and don’t do anything to help the fleet with the regatta or
any other fleet activities.
This our fleet and our regatta we all need to chip in, boat owners and crew
alike. Sorry if I seem crabby about this, but I’m just being honest.