[J24 ListSrv] ADA and the A series party

Tom.Rickman tom.rickman at target.com
Wed Jun 13 18:21:13 UTC 2007

Greetings fellow J24 sailors.

I would like to take this opportunity to pat ourselves on the back for
donating and participating in the ADA regatta.  The J24 fleet not only
fielded seven boats (I think that is a record for us at the ADA), we
also donated by far and away the most money of any fleet.  I'm proud of
our participation.  Congratulations to the 007 team on winning the
regatta in the J24 fleet.  That was a pretty nice looking trophy!

This Sunday we will be helping our friends in the J22 fleet with the A
Series party.  The theme for the party is a Hawaiian Luau on the island.
All we have to do is bring one bottle of Rum or Vodka or one carton of
fruit punch / lemonade or orange juice per boat to make wapatuis.  There
will be plenty of food too including a pig on a spit, and all topped off
with a best shirt/skirt contest.  George Hansen will have Absolute
bottles or t-shirts for winners.  Please encourage everyone on your crew
to wear something. We will have leis for everyone as well.

This should really be a blast and it's for sure the biggest series party
yet.  Please come out to race and party this Sunday, it's definitely one
you don't want to miss.

Tom Rickman
Humble fleet captain