[J24 ListSrv] Saturday Update: Wayzata Community Sailing Center

dallas dallas at dallasjohnson.net
Sat Jun 16 19:48:21 UTC 2007

Dear WYC Sailor,

It has been incredible seeing how our sailing community is coming forward to support this project. Past Commodore Denny Sanford started us out with a fantastic gift, sailing school parents Gary and Mary Holmes followed up with critical logistical support and a big matching donation, and now we've seen an unbelievable number of club members step forward to fill the gap. There are literally too many people to list here that have made $1,000+ donations and there's a small army of recent sub 1k donations that really begin to add up.

All I can say is WOW.

We are now working toward using up the remaining Holmes matching funds before this Wednesday. We've blown through the Schroeder small donation match (which lets you quadruple a sub 1k donation) but others are stepping up to continue this matching offer.

On Sunday after racing we will continue taking donations (check or credit cards).

- Over 1k donations are doubled
- Sub 1k donations are times four
- 100% of your contribution is tax deductible
- Donations can be spread out over three years
- 100+ years is how long this will appreciate and pay back dividends

Smaller donations are adding up to make a huge difference and major donations are making all this possible. If you have questions about what this Sailing Center will become, please ask "one of the usual suspects". And if you're still waiting to be apart of making this happen, stop by Sunday or fax in a donation form.

Pledge Forms, Concept Document, FAQ's at www.WayzataSailing.org/WCSC

See you at the Luau A Series Party after Sunday racing!