[J24 ListSrv] Star of the North Regatta Sponsorship and Raffle Prizes needed

Carmella Foster carmella at apexq.com
Thu Sep 3 15:18:39 CDT 2009

Hi Everyone,

The Capri 25s, Sonars and S2 7.9s will square off for speed and parties the
weekend of September 18-20.  There are opportunities available to volunteer
(separate email to follow), sponsor the event with cash (the rum fund, gets
your company logo on the banner) or products (edible and nonedible).  We
will have a raffle, and raffle prizes are needed.  If we get a few bigger
items, we may have a live auction.  This all helps defray the regatta
expenses, keeps the fleets out of debt, and promotes your company and/or
products.

Already we have the following sponsors:
Mount Gay Rum
West Marine
Elliott/Pattison Sailmakers
North Sails
Wayzata Wine & Spirits

I have put together a short list of other potential sponsors, but if anyone
has a personal connection and time to contact one of them, I would
appreciate the help:

Pete Kuhlenkamp (UK Superior) -- I have emailed him.  He's probably getting
this too.  We love you, Pete!)
Oppen Enterprises (We love you too, Mark!)
Hooper's Yachts
White Bear Boat Works
Seven Seas
Lunds/Byerly's
Any restaurants/stores for gift certificates

Others -- let me know who you will contact so I have a list, and whether
they say yes or no.  Thank you!

Carmella Foster

Chairperson

Star of the North Regatta