[J24 ListSrv] Star of the North Regatta Meeting and Volunteer Opportunities

Carmella Foster carmella at apexq.com
Thu Sep 3 15:19:09 CDT 2009

There will be a meeting for all interested parties this Sunday, September
6th, after the race.  I know it's Labor Day weekend, and I expect few
attendees.  Location will be announced.

There are lots of volunteer opportunities.  Some are better filled by
non-sailors or members of other fleets.  I am sending this to all fleets.
Ask your friends, your kids, your mom!  Let me know what you can do, and
when!

We need (this list will most certainly turn out to be incomplete):

1.  People to procure donations of raffle prizes.  Hit up restaurants for
gift certificates, etc.

2.  One or 2 people to be "in charge" of the raffle.  Supervise ticket
sellers, organize the prizes, conduct the drawing.

3. 2 or 3 people to sell raffle tickets on Friday night.

4.  2 or 3 people to sell raffle tickets on Saturday night.

5.  Wednesday afternoon, September 16th, help filling skipper bags, sorting
teeshirt orders, etc.

6.  Thursday, September 17th, someone to sit at the registration table, hand
out skipper bags, be sure the paperwork gets done.  Two-hour shifts:
      noon to 2:00
      2:00 to 4:00
      4:00 to 6:00 (someone who isn't racing)
      6:00 to 8:00  (someone who isn't racing)
      8:00 to 10:00 (if you work this shift, I promise to keep your glass
filled)

7.  Friday Breakfast set-up to clean-up (7:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m.)  No
shopping required.  Just put out the food, keep the coffee pot filled, put
it all away.

8.  Friday Bar and Dinner Set-up 3:30 to 5:30  (3 or 4 non-racing people)

9.  Friday Bartenders 5:00 to 7:00
                                7:00 to 9:00
                                9:00 to clean-up

10.  Friday Grill Guys (Brats & Burgers)  4 people (2 for each grill)

11.  Friday dinner servers (keep the food table stocked, keep things moving)
(2 or 3 people)

12.  Friday clean up  (3 or 4 people)

13.  Saturday Breakfast set-up to clean-up (7:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m.)  No
shopping required.  Just put out the food, keep the coffee pot filled, put
it all away.

14.  Saturday dinner prep.
        1:00 to 3:00 (2 or 3 non-racing people)
        3:00 to 5:00 (2 or 3 non-racing people, or the same people can stay
all afternoon!

15.  Saturday Bar and Dinner Set-up 3:30 to 5:30  (3 or 4 non-racing people)

16.  Saturday Bartenders 5:00 to 7:00
                                7:00 to 9:00
                                9:00 to clean-up

17.  Saturday Grill Guys (Salmon and chicken breasts)  4 people (2 for each
grill)

18.  Saturday dinner servers and kitchen helpers (keep the food table
stocked, keep things moving) (4 or 5 people)

19.  Saturday clean up  (3 or 4 people)

20.  Sunday Breakfast set-up to clean-up (7:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m.)  No
shopping required.  Just put out the food, keep the coffee pot filled, put
it all away.

21.  Sunday Lunch Help (3 or 4 people).  Brats, burgers, salmon, chicken,
leftovers from previous 2 nights.

22.  Sunday Clean-up.  (Yeah, I know, you'll be tired.  So will I.)

23.  A Photographer with a good camera, could be taking pictures all 3 days,
but especially the awards ceremony.

The list is long.  I am overwhelmed just from typing it!  Let me know if you
think I forgot something!

Carmella Foster

Chairperson

Star of the North Regatta