[J24 ListSrv] J/24 Fleet Update

Randy Gould Randy.Gould at RyanCompanies.com
Wed Jun 23 18:51:36 CDT 2010

A J/24 Fleet No. 1 UPDATE...

A (great) Series Party - A BIG Thank you:
I would like to extend a thank you to all programs involved.  I believe we had nearly 100% participation from boats that had been sailing in the Series. We all would like to send a special thanks to Matt and Bernie... fantastic effort with great results on the food prep and purchase.  Who knew that being a cook would get chicks - look for pics on the J/24 Facebook page.

Here are the posted results for the Series:

1.       Hellfire

2.       Sleeper

3.       VooDoo

4.       High Heels

5.       Motorhome

6.       Kattack

7.       Bubbles

8.       No Rush

9.       Maybe

10.   Context

(Check your standings and let me know if there are any missed races so we can clean up any issues and resolve them with the RC.)

And again, thank you one and all!!!

U-Gotta 2010:
Planning will start soon so I hope there are some willing volunteers to support this effort outside the usual suspects (no pun to Jerry and Steve).  Let me know if you or a crew might be interested in helping out.  Again, we had great support for the A Series Party, but there are more folks out there to lend a hand.

District 15 Championship, an out of town event for our in town fleet... :
This is to support the Fleet regionally!  It will be a great opportunity to sail Lake Michigan and with Fleet No. 100 at Wilmette, Il.  During the weekend of July 30th we are looking for eager boat programs to convoy down to the Chicago area to sail with Bernie's Brother, Mark, and support the advancement of the J/24 program in that area.  Boats thinking of going include Motorhome, Gotcha, Sleeper and VooDoo... If you have questions, feel free to bug Tim or the Wilmette Fleet at: Gregory Mack, 312.988.7171.  (Mark's number is only partially listed on the website...)

Get those dues in!
This past spring we place a minimal charge on Fleet dues for this year, a rebate for tough times...  The previous $60 fee was reduced to $20 for this year, this nominal fee will be used to establish skipper/boat fleet membership for voting.  Chad is will receive checks anytime...

Facebook Group - J/24 Fleet #1:
This is a social forum for our fleet's activity - blasts from the past that I am sure some of you will know about when you see the photos.  A couple folks are regular contributors to content on this Facebook page and have made it pretty cool to organize and communicate on what's going on - all can have good fun with this while bored at work.  Thanks Tim!

Newbees abound in 2010:
Crew interested in sailing has been up this year... and more boats replacing some of the recent vacancies things are a great thing.  If you know of crew looking for a ride, please direct them to the J/24 email list and to the facebook page.. we can hook them up!  LET'S BUILD THAT FLEET!

Thanks all for your time - see you on the water to close out the G Series and move into the summer sailing!

Randy,
Fleet Captain
J/24 Fleet No.1
USA5136 - VooDoo