[J24 ListSrv] July Rumble proclaimed a sucess

sean delaney sean_p_delaney at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 20 23:42:20 CDT 2015

#1 fleet,
Yesterday was a magical day for J/24 racing, the participation was substantial, the air was warm, dry and moving swiftly. 7 boats enjoyed 7 thrilling races of W2's and 3's using blades. I assume everyone felt great to have used the smaller sail at the end of the day, I know I did. Bernie claimed he couldn't stop saying "This is just the greatest day of sailing", we couldn't agree more. Although I felt the same about last July's Rumble, where we had 7 boats and 9 races, that was pretty spectacular as well.
I would like to thank our teams; Hellfire, Context, Redcoat, Kattack, Motorhome, Danger and Bubbles.
Thank you Eric Christenson for making an exceptional potato salad, Bernie for providing both a ham and several excellent sides. Barb and Jeff helped tend bar, and Jake carved the ham. It's these efforts that make us a special fleet.The top three boats won Bourbon gift boxes and everyone else earned a bottle of wine.

If you were not able to attend, I'm sorry you missed it. Please make sure you block out August 16, our final Rumble of the year; send your crew an email now, so they plan it as well. We will have drinks, food and prizes again, since it was such a success. Bubbles we be there, Terry is working out his NA team, hope to see you as well.
Regards
SPD