[J24 ListSrv] Big News

Pontus pontus.deverdier at gmail.com
Tue Aug 23 22:01:40 CDT 2016

Thank you everybody for the welcome.  Thank you Sean for the flattering introduction. I have skippered boats bigger than a J/24 and raced faster boats too.  However I feel a little in over my head with this. The J/24 is way heavier than anything I ever raced before. I’m building a program based on the two person crew of Shambles and adding some sub 100 lbs. sailors. I have received positive feedback from some WYC crew and I’m trying to figure out how to do things. I’m going to try to sail as much as possible and build skills.

I truly feel welcomed in the fleet and I will try my best. I appreciate all the encouraging conversations so far. Count on me staying out of your way in the beginning and take it easy at every mark.

My hopes currently is to be able to do Burton Cup as my first WYC race and I will for sure do Ugotta Regatta.

Anyone who know me know that I’m all for bigger boats and bigger waters, so I will still be gone every time there is a race for me at AIS.

Thank you for letting me in to your awesome fleet!

Pontus