[Morc] WYC Haul-Out update, Crane closed Monday and Tuesday

myersmn4 myersmn4 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 24 18:42:38 CDT 2020

The crane failed this morning due to the low temperature and haul out was canceled for today.Assisted Haul out will be attempted tomorrow.At 4pm the temperature climbed to 33 degrees and the crane began to function. Any temperature below 40 degrees the crane has a history of issues. It is not designed to handle these conditions.If the "Out of Order" sign is on the panel, do not attempt to use the crane. The crane will be closed Monday and Tuesday.If you attempt to use the crane for self use Wed - Fri in the anticipated cold :The crane tends first to fail rotating from over the water to over the parking lot under load.There is a risk your boat could get stuck half way over the water at temps below 40 F.Test the crane in all directions before attempting to lift your boat.Read the updated Crane Instructions on Wyc.org.Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device