[Morc] WYC Crane and Haul out update

Andy SPENCE-PARSONS andy.spence-parsons at comcast.net
Wed Oct 13 17:29:08 CDT 2021

Hello All. Here’s an update on the crane and haul out.

Bad news: The spare part has still not arrived. Like everyone else, we are suffering from issues in the supply chain.
Good news: Todd and Tim Carlson have been able to get the crane to work in a limited way.

So, we’re planning for an assisted haulout THIS Sunday. Tim or Todd MUST be present to operate the crane for you to prevent it from overheating, although there are NO GUARANTEES. It is going to take everyone being well prepared, and patient to make this work.

First – please sign up here. https://www.wyc.org/dib_sessions/show/44036  (note, if you had previously signed up, I had to overwrite those sign-ups with this new schedule. Please sign up again. Sorry)

Second - you MUST be properly prepared. Mast down, trailer ready, lines ready, gear off by the time you reach the crane. There simply will not be time for you do that at the crane. I highly recommend you consider taking your mast down on the previous day, then motor back to your slip. This will minimize congestion at the gin pole.

Third – if there is any way you can haul out via the ramp, or elsewhere on the lake, please consider doing that so as to alleviate congestions at the WYC facilities.

Additionally, we do plan to have the Rocket Crane here on Saturday 9/23. Same preparedness rules will apply.

Believe me. I realize none of this is ideal. If we were sailing offshore in a storm, we’d reef the main, put up the number 3, and figure out which kite to fly. We’d adjust to the conditions. That’s what we’re doing here, and we’ll all get across the finish line safely.

Thanks in anticipation of your cooperation.

Andy

Andy Spence-Parsons
WYC Commodore