[Morc] WYC Haul Out Update

Andy Spence-Parsons andy.spence-parsons at comcast.net
Tue Oct 19 19:52:37 CDT 2021

Good evening all.

As everyone knows, we've been struggling with reliability of the crane this season. Todd just rescued a boat that was stranded in the air for 36-hours.  We’ve had a crane tech on site most of today.  Even with this, success is not assured, despite the $$$ we spent on preventive maintenance this season. So, here's the plan for this weekend.
If you own a j70 or a S2 7.9 please consider hauling from ramp and give up your crane slot to someone else.
If there is somewhere else on the lake you could haul, then please do so so as to free up a slot at WYC.
If you’re hauling on Saturday, please consider getting your mast down earlier, so at to minimize congestion at the gin pole and in the channel leading to the crane.
Rocket Crane will be on site this Saturday.  We added another one lift per hour on Saturday.  Check DIBS to snag a slot here https://www.wyc.org/dib_sessions/show/44036  If you're already scheduled at a 20 or 40 after the hour slot, please expect to be shuffled a few minutes later to accommodate the additional lift.
There may be additional gaps or opportunities on Saturday to squeeze in a few extra lifts on stand by, but not at the expense of an already scheduled lift.
It is essential you are well prepared.  Boats who came out last weekend did an excellent job of being well prepared. Please do the same. Don’t be THAT guy.
We'll reassess any remaining boats after Saturday, and keep everyone informed. This has been a challenging time for Todd and Tim, who are doing everything possible to accommodate you in the midst of this unpredictable situation.

Again, just like every race, we’ll all reach the finish line safely.  It just may take an extra couple of tacks.

Thanks, Andy

Andy Spence-Parsons
Commodore | Wayzata Yacht Club
commodore at wyc.org