[Phrf] phrf meeting agenda

bob bye bobobye at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 16 17:16:28 UTC 2007

So it begins, another season of joy on the water.

The following is the tentative agenda for the meeting:

Opening remarks

Introduction of Fleet Captains

Treasurers Report

Explanation of new starting sequence

Trophies

New Business
The new business is very important, we will be reviewing and voting on possible changes to the method of scoring.  There have been some proposals that we will consider, they are:
1. Change the scoring from Time on Time to Time on Distance.
2. Change the method of fleet divisions - in the past the fleets have been divided into I, II, and III by dividing the number of boats by 3 and allocating the boats evenly ie. if 30 boats sailed the previous year, each fleet is assigned 10 boats.  The proposal is to allocate boats by ratings, that would mean that some fleets may have 7 or 8 boats and others may have 12 or 14, or....
3. adjust ratings on prior years performance.

These are very important proposals.  Your vote is very important.  If for some reason you are unable to attend the meeting and want to vote on these proposals, You may send me an email at bobobye at hotmail.com<mailto:bobobye at hotmail.com> and express your thoughts.  I will hold your votes, act as your proxy, and submit them at the meeting.

If you can, please join us at the meeting, it is always a pleasure to see so many smiling faces.  We will have beer, wine, sodas, very tasty food and some very interesting discussions.

see you soon,

bob bye