[Phrf] Help Needed for Bert's Celebration of Life

Carmella Foster carmella at apexq.com
Fri Jul 28 16:31:27 CDT 2017

Hello Dear Friends,

We will be celebrating Bert's amazing life on Saturday, August 5, at 2:00 p.m. at the Wayzata Yacht Club.  Sometime shortly after 2:00, or as soon as we can get everyone settled down and paying attention, there will be a memorial service officiated by my brother, Rev. Fred Zagone SJ, who is a Jesuit priest at Marquette University in Milwaukee.  Following the service, there will be an opportunity for you, if you wish, to share a Bert story or memory.  Please limit your remarks to 2 or 3 minutes.  "Refreshments" will be served.

It is impossible to predict how many people will attend, but there may be 400-500 people.  I have organized some big regattas, but not THIS big.  Many people have asked "What can I do to help?".  Here is the list!

Kitchen Helpers (Jill Fynboh is coordinating food)
Kitchen Helpers may also pass some food on trays to the folks outside.

2 helpers (10:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.)

3 helpers (12:30 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.)

2 helpers (2:30 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.)

Bartenders
(The bar will open AFTER the service.)

2 Bartenders (2:30 to 4:30)

2 Bartenders (4:15 to 6:30)

Clean-up (Clean-up will be ongoing during and after the party)

4 clean-up crew (5:00 to 6:30)

Parking Lot "Welcomers"
(We want to encourage people to park in the East Lot.  The Upper East Lot is complete and ready for lots of cars!  There will be lots of "older" guests and out-of-town family members.  We hope they can park in the West lot.  We will also need handicap parking, so please do not park in the turnaround unless you have a handicap tag.)

2 people at entrance to West Lot (1:00 - 3:00) or until the lot is full or you don't have anything to do

2 people at entrance to East Lot (1:00 - 3:00) or until the lot is full or you don't have anything to do

"Gatekeepers"
We want to be sure that people enter quietly, especially if they arrive during the service. These greeters will probably have programs for people as they arrive.

2 people at the gate by the launch ramp (1:45 to the end of the service)

2 people in the turnaround (1:45 to the end of the service)

BAKERS
Many people have asked "What can I bring?"  You can bring bars or cookies for dessert!  Bars should be cut (small) and securely wrapped on disposable plates or trays or foil pans.  Bars that do not require refrigeration may be brought on Thursday night.  We need about 30 people to bring bars or cookies.

1.       Barb Speltz

Please respond to me only.  I will send updates as the list fills.  Thank you so much for helping us provide the "big bash at the yacht club" that Bert requested.

Love you all,
Carmella
Phone: 952-681-9018