[Phrf] Dual fleet boats

Clay Babcock clay.babcock at gmail.com
Wed Oct 18 13:47:35 CDT 2017

PHRFers,

There has been a friendly request from the RC regarding reporting for a
race when sailing in your alternate fleet. Designed to help them keep your
score going where it needs to go (a good thing). We will discuss and likely
make this the new rule for next year, but for the the two races left this
year:

If a PHRF boat is sailing in alternate division, that boat should approach
the Signal Boat before the start and announce their MODIFIED scoring
designation. Instead of saying, “We’re sailing as PHRF1 today”… please say,
“Our sail number today is (example)  1234G.” If the RC team is busy before
the start (it happens a LOT) make sure that the change was confirmed and
written down by the RC.

That boat should also sail past the RC boat again AFTER the finish and
announce the 1234G (or whatever) again. Apologies if this seems onerous.
Please remember that the RC team is usually swamped at both the start and
the finish.