[Phrf] 2017 Fleet Challenge Cup

Odell Tuttle otuttle at gmail.com
Sat Sep 9 21:21:01 CDT 2017

The Inaugural Fleet Challenge Cup is in the books.

What an event!  There's no question that the great wind made it a blast.  I
think nearly everyone had something unique to say about it.  It was
definitely a challenge, and I think all of us had fun.

As with any handicap event, there are always debates about the scoring
model.  There are quite a few thoughts in mind about how to make the next
one even better.  Stay tuned for more information about that.

I'd like to commend Rudy for his idea, and following through to make it a
reality.

I'd also like to commend our outstanding race committee for putting on a
well-organized event that came with many unique challenges.

Finally, I'd like to commend and thank Blake and Ernie for their efforts to
tabulate results.  Our software was not designed for this race program, and
they've had to manually work around those limitations.  Don't be surprised
to see upcoming corrections to the results as they continue to double-check
their work.

Thanks to all of you for jumping in and trying something new, and taking
part in this event.

OT

--
*Odell Tuttle*
SENIOR VICE PRESIDENT OF ENGINEERING

SportsEngine | 807 Broadway St NE | Suite 300 | Minneapolis, MN 55413
SportsEngine.com <http://sportsengine.com/> | twitter.com/NBCSportsEngine |
facebook.com/NBCSportsEngine