[Phrf] 2018 Schedule and Fall Regatta news

Clay Babcock clay.babcock at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 12:41:02 CST 2018

 Hey PHRFers, Two things.

1) If you did not see it yet, the PRELIMINARY WYC 2018 schedule is out, and
can be viewed here.

https://cdn1.sportngin.com/attachments/document/0140/8740/WYC_Preliminary_Schedule_2018.pdf

2) I've gotten several questions regarding the Fall Regatta. The Fall
Regatta WILL be the same format as before; ie four races over two days.
What is different is the Fleet Challenge will be scored from Saturdays's
two races.

I talked to Keven Kenny over the winter and discussed what the PHRF fleet
liked about the two series. Keep in mind that the fall is going to be VERY
crowded schedule-wise. I told him that generally the fleet likes both, but
really like the 2-day 4-race regatta. As part of that discussion, the
notion that the Challenge races could be 'overlaid' or scored from the Fall
Regatta races on Saturday, and I'm 99% sure that is what will happen.

I think its a great way to keep the Fall Regatta intact, while still having
the newer Fleet Challenge. Questions? Ask!