[Phrf] Seminar. Tomorrow. Secrets of Race Management

Andy Spence-Parsons andy.spence-parsons at comcast.net
Wed Jan 22 21:49:04 CST 2020

What: Secrets of Race Management
When: Thursday January 23rd, 2020 <x-apple-data-detectors://1>. Beer/Wine/Pizza 1830. Start 1900. End 2100
Cost: $20 per person; Includes a copy of US Sailing’s “Join the Race Committee Team” training manual.

Join US Sailing National Race Officer Blake Middleton for a discussion and presentation on the secrets of Race Management. Top Secret (or higher) clearance is actually NOT required to attend. In fact, one of the main goals of this seminar is to help demystify what is involved in running sailing races.

The main hope is to help build a team and even a "culture" of local Race Committee volunteers to help out on the RC team when we run regattas on Lake Minnetonka. Ask anyone who has done a "ride-along" with the race committee, and most will tell you that they learned new skills and tricks that helped their own racing a lot!  Most of what we do is actually very straight forward, and it doesn't need to feel complicated or intimidating.

register here or pay on the door. https://www.wyc.org/winter-series <https://www.wyc.org/winter-series>