[S2] Star of the North Regatta Sponsor Opportunities

Carmella Foster carmella at apexq.com
Thu Aug 13 15:37:41 CDT 2009

Hi Everyone,

The regatta is getting close, and it would be great to have some
sponsorship, both in-kind and dollars.  ($$ is especially helpful to defer
the costs of the band or DJ, and beverages.)  This is not a charitable event
-- you should request sponsorship based on the marketing opportunity, not
sense of altruism.

I have a very nice letter to send potential sponsors, but the file size is 3
MB due to photos, so I can not attach it to a list server email.  If you
know a potential sponsor, and would like the actual letter with photos,
please respond and I will send it to your personal email.

Here is the text of the letter:

********************************

August 2009

You are invited to consider sponsorship of the 2nd Annual Star of the North
Regatta, to be held September 18-20, 2009 at the Wayzata Yacht Club.  Over
200 adult sailors will participate, most of them residents of the Twin
Cities area.  They are active individuals, employed in a variety of
professional endeavors; they work hard and play hard, many of them making
the time to race sailboats three times a week throughout our brief but
glorious sailing season.

Your business will benefit from visible acknowledgement on all printed
materials, as well as your logo on large banners that will decorate the
yacht club building and grounds (see photos below).

Consider partnering with the 2009 Star of the North Regatta at one of the
following levels:

Gold:  $500.  Your logo on all printed materials + your own banner.  (See
photo lower right.)

Silver: $250.  Your logo on all printed materials and on large banner. (See
photo lower left.)

Bronze: $100.  Your logo on large banner.  (See photo lower left.)

In-kind donations of raffle prizes and food items are also an excellent way
to introduce our sailors to your products.

To become a sponsor, please contact Carmella Foster at 952-473-2240 or email
carmella at apexq.com by August 28, 2009 (for banner recognition).

*******************************

Sponsors already contacted are:

Mount Gay Rum (yes, we have red hats!)

North Sails

Wayzata Wine & Spirits

General Mills

If you have questions or suggestions, please contact me directly.  Be
considerate of others, and do not hit "reply all" unless you really think
everyone needs to know.

Regards,

Carmella Foster

Chairperson