[S2] Star of the North Regatta VOLUNTEER Update

Carmella Foster carmella at apexq.com
Mon Sep 14 23:45:54 CDT 2009

The big event is finally upon us.  "Thank you" to all who have volunteered.
Here is a short list of help I really need to have, followed by an
approximate list of who-is-doing-what.

We really need 1 or 2 people to be "in charge" of the raffle.  Organize the
selling of the tickets, conduct the drawing, etc.  I cannot do it.  The
prizes are coming in, but someone needs to do this.  The money from the
raffle keeps the registration fee low.

Can someone use their computer skills to make a gift certificate for a
raffle prize?

A few more raffle prizes would be nice, if you can get something.

Do you see all the lines below?  Those are jobs in need of a volunteer.  You
can help and still have fun!

Wednesday afternoon, September 16th, help filling skipper bags, sorting
teeshirt orders, etc.   3:00 p.m. at the WYC.        Kathie Wright, Sarah
Olmsted

Thursday, September 17th, someone to sit at the registration table, hand out
skipper bags, be sure the paperwork gets done.  Two-hour shifts:
      noon to 2:00    ________________________
      2:00 to 4:00     Kathie Wright
      4:00 to 6:00      Kathie Wright
      6:00 to 8:00      Renee Corbin
      8:00 to 10:00    Renee Corbin

Breakfast set-up  and clean-up (7:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m.)  all 3 days    Dutch
Bull

Friday Bar and Dinner Set-up 3:30 to 5:30  (3 or 4 non-racing people)
____________________, __________________________,
________________________________

Friday Bartenders 5:00 to 7:00    Kim Beyer & Belinda Barnes
                                7:00 to 9:00    John Peterson, Nick
Anderson, Emily Allen
                                9:00 to clean-up  John Peterson, Nick
Anderson, Emily Allen

2 or 3 people to sell raffle tickets on Friday night.   Dutch Bull & Tom
Brown & _________________________

Friday Grill Guys (Brats & Burgers)  4 people (2 for each grill)    Ed
Nelson, Mark Hammett, Jerud Colbert, Odell Tuttle

Friday dinner servers (keep the food table stocked, keep things moving) (2
or 3 people)   Jill Bull, Stephanie Brody ___________________________

Friday clean up  (3 or 4 people)   Crew of El Encierro, Corny Boersma

Saturday dinner prep.
        1:00 to 3:00        Jill Bull _________________,
____________________,

        3:00 to 5:00        Jill Bull, Jill Fynboh, ________________________

Saturday Bar and Dinner Set-up 3:30 to 5:30  (3 or 4 non-racing people)
Thorn Turner

Saturday Bartenders 5:00 to 7:00   John Peterson, Nick Anderson, Emily Allen

                                7:00 to 9:00  John Peterson, Nick Anderson,
Emily Allen
                                9:00 to clean-up

2 or 3 people to sell raffle tickets on Saturday night.   Julie Schaeffer,
______________________, ________________________________

Saturday Grill Guys (Salmon and chicken breasts)   Doug Dickerson, James
Schwinghammer, Thorn Turner, _______________________

Saturday dinner servers and kitchen helpers (keep the food table stocked,
keep things moving) (4 or 5 people)   Jill Bull, Jill Fynboh,
___________________, ____________________, ________________________

Saturday clean up  (3 or 4 people)   _________________________,
_____________________________, ____________________________,
______________________________

Sunday Lunch Help (3 or 4 people).  Brats, burgers, salmon, chicken,
leftovers from previous 2 nights.  _________________________,
___________________________, ______________________________,
____________________________

Sunday Clean-up.  (Yeah, I know, you'll be tired.  So will I.)
____________________________, ____________________________,
_____________________________, _____________________________

A Photographer with a good camera, could be taking pictures all 3 days, but
especially the awards ceremony.   Mark (from Wild Potato)

The list is long.  I am overwhelmed just from typing it!  Let me know if you
think I forgot something!

Carmella Foster

Chairperson

Star of the North Regatta