[S2] 70 kids need a ride and we have just 10 boats--you do the math.....

Beth Frampton beth.frampton at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 20:58:53 CDT 2014

Club members—

We have had RECORD signup numbers for Saturday’s Bob Slocum Memorial
sailing event! Nearly 100 kids and adults need a ride, but so far I only
have 10 boats registered, and that is not nearly enough!

10 a.m. on Saturday is coming up fast, and we need to be ready. So—

   1. If you’re thinking of doing this event but haven’t signed your boat
   up yet, please go to the link at Eventbrite:
   http://www.eventbrite.com/e/bob-slocum-memorial-family-sailing-regatta-picnic-tickets-11710300825?aff=eac2…and
   sign up. (You’ll also be registered for the race this way.)
   2. If you weren’t thinking of doing the event, please see #1.
   3. If you absolutely can't make it, consider loaning your boat to
   another owner or driver! We have experienced sailors lined up if you
   don't--email heatherf at pcspeed.com for more info or call me at
   612-715-0054.
   4. J24s, Capris and Sonars, please register and participate! The J22s
   can’t do it all!
   5.  If you are a crew member, please sign up and we’ll match you up with
   a boat. The forecast is for wind and your help will be appreciated
   6. If you are a fleet captain, please make some phone calls. You know
   what to say….

Part of our club’s mission is to promote sailing and sailboat racing. This
is a fantastic event and a wonderful outreach to the people who will be the
racing sailors and club members of the next generation. Please do all you
can to be  part of it, and sign up now so we can let folks know what boat
they’ll likely be sailing on, and so Ernie can prepare for the race.

Thanks for all you do,

Heather Fraser
Jonathan McDonagh
Bert Foster

Chairs, Bob Slocum Memorial Family Fun Regatta and Picnic