[S2] 2016 SotN Sailing Instructions - Invitation to edit DEADLINE

Odell Tuttle otuttle at gmail.com
Mon Aug 22 12:57:33 CDT 2016

Thanks Tom.  It looks like we now have at least three S2's registered, so I
think a fleet is beginning to emerge!

--
*Odell Tuttle*
VICE PRESIDENT OF ENGINEERING

SportsEngine | 807 Broadway St NE | Suite 300 | Minneapolis, MN 55413
SportsEngine.com <http://sportsengine.com/> | twitter.com/NBCSportsEngine |
facebook.com/NBCSportsEngine

On Mon, Aug 22, 2016 at 12:47 PM, Tom Elsen <telse at aol.com> wrote:

> Hey Everyone -
>
> Fall is ALWAYS the best sailing on Minnetonka. And the Star of the North
> is just a great, fun, well-run event. Likely the best WYC event of the year
> for us. Lots of racing. Lots of fun. Minimum $$.
>
> All of the organizers have put in a ton of work to make it great.
>
> So.....please.....respond to Odell Tuttle (address above in this email)
> Let him know your status for this event -
> ---- We (boat name) are in
> ---- We (boat name) are out
> ---- We (boat name) are (X)% likely to be in
>
> Please do this today.
> Thanks.
>
> TE
>
> iPhone
>
> On Aug 19, 2016, at 2:12 PM, Odell Tuttle <otuttle at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Tom,
>
> We will take a look at adding this adjustment.
>
> Meanwhile, it would be very helpful if you could rally your fleet.  At
> this point, I'm working on an alternate regatta plan that includes only
> Capri's and Sonars since we don't appear to have more than two S2's ready
> to participate.
>
> Thanks,
> OT
>

> --
> *Odell Tuttle*
> VICE PRESIDENT OF ENGINEERING
>
> SportsEngine | 807 Broadway St NE | Suite 300 | Minneapolis, MN 55413
> SportsEngine.com <http://sportsengine.com/> | twitter.com/NBCSportsEngine
>  | facebook.com/NBCSportsEngine
>
> On Fri, Aug 19, 2016 at 2:04 PM, Tom Elsen <telse at aol.com> wrote:
>
>> My suggestion is an add, not a substitution. It is an alternative to the
>> two-turns penalty specified in 44.1
>> This penalty has been viewed by many, including me, as unnecessarily
>> harsh and as such adding to the volume of protests. It is often replaced
>> with some version of the one-turn penalty Kevin and I wrote.
>>
>> TE
>>
>> iPhone
>>
>> On Aug 19, 2016, at 10:46 AM, Odell Tuttle <otuttle at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Tom,
>>
>> Please go into the document and make your specific language suggestions
>> directly.  No idea which part you are referring to.  There is no mention of
>> turns in the SI doc.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> OT
>>

>> --
>> *Odell Tuttle*
>> VICE PRESIDENT OF ENGINEERING
>>
>> SportsEngine | 807 Broadway St NE | Suite 300 | Minneapolis, MN 55413
>> SportsEngine.com <http://sportsengine.com/> | twitter.com/NBCSportsEngine
>>  | facebook.com/NBCSportsEngine
>>
>> On Thu, Aug 18, 2016 at 12:01 PM, Tom Elsen <telse at aol.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Strongly suggest substituting a 'one turn penalty' for 'a two turns
>>> penalty' for any infractions of a rule in Part 2, under the following
>>> conditions:
>>> 1) infraction after the start
>>> 2) infraction outside the 'zone'