[Sonar] LOWISA no-boat regatta event

Thomas_M_Brown at bluecrossmn.com Thomas_M_Brown at bluecrossmn.com
Wed Oct 12 09:57:14 CDT 2005

Bert and I would like to invite you,  the Sonar group,  to a LOWISA
no-boat regatta on October 20th at 7:00PM at the WYC clubhouse.    We'll
supply the goodies and libation.

Here are some of the planning issues that we'll be talking about:

1.   Finding out how many Sonars will be coming to LOWISA.     Discussing
the ideal situation of getting a one design fleet for the Sonars at LOWISA
that would us our own awards category (right now,  one design fleets are
forming for Hobie 18s, E Scows and Flying Scots.   There are typically
about 60 to 70 boats at LOWISA overall.

2.  Describing some of the different accomodation options for LOWISA and
the cost options involved.

3.  Since there are two houseboats involved for those who houseboat,
making some tentative assignments to houseboats and getting some initial
deposits made so we can hold them.

4.  Discussing an optional embarkation point of Warroad two days prior to
the beginning of LOWISA at Kenora  (a 130 mile sail to Kenora with an
overnight stop at Oak Island MN on the Northwest Angle).

5.  Racing points for WYC and LOWISA.    Come find out what Bert did!

LOWISA,  on Lake of the Woods,  as been dubbed by some as the Lake Powell
of the north.   With over 14,000 islands,  most uninhabited, it requires
such early planning because of its wilderness environs and houseboat
availability.   If we don't get houseboat deposits in the next couple of
weeks,  the houseboats will not be available for next year.    Although
LOWISA will be stopping at fishing lodges that will also be an option, the
houseboat option provides the greatest amount of freedom, fun and social
interaction at the  lowest per capita cost.

For more information:

http://www.houseboatadventures.com    (nice pictures of the houseboats)

http://www.lowisa.org

If there are any questions,  please feel free to email or call Bert or
myself  (we're in the logbook).

Thomas Brown

----------------------------
Important news about email communications:

If our business rules identify sensitive information, you will receive a ZixMail Secure Message with a link to view your message. First-time recipients will be asked to create a password before they are granted access. To learn more about ZixMail, ZixCorp Secure Email Message Center, and other ZixCorp offerings, please go to http://userawareness.zixcorp.com/secure4/index.php
----------------------------

The information contained in this communication may be confidential,
and is intended only for the use of the recipient(s) named above.
If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you
are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or
copying of this communication, or any of its contents, is strictly
please return it to the sender immediately and delete the original
message and any copy of it from your computer system. If you have
any questions concerning this message, please contact the sender.

Unencrypted, unauthenticated Internet e-mail is inherently insecure.
Internet messages may be corrupted or incomplete, or may incorrectly
identify the sender.