[Sonar] National membership - Fleet status

markkoch markoch at gmail.com
Thu Apr 27 20:56:12 CDT 2006

Here is the dope on national Sonar membership from their web site.  I
think we all understand the part about joining to race in a sanctioned
event.  Both the Owner and the Helmsman have to join.  Helmsman is $25
and Owner is $50.

Fleet 5 needs to have at least 3 active members (Owners) to remain a
Sonar Fleet in good standing with the National Organization.

I don't really want to join, but maybe we should waive our local dues
for any owner that does join.

I also looked at the schedule again on the WYC web site and I really
don't see the Lonar listed on the third Big Island.

Mark
Liberty
*/
ELIGIBILITY/*
To be eligible to race in a sanctioned event, the Person in Charge must
be an Active Member or Associate Member of the SCA. If the Person in
Charge is not the Helmsman, then the Helmsman must also be an Active
Member or Associate Member of the SCA.

C 5.01 A fleet shall consist of three or more boats owned by active
members in good standing residing in a class-approved territory. Each
fleet shall have Fleet Secretary and shall be self-governing within the
Rules of the SCA.

C 5.02 Districts shall consist of fleets in specified geographical areas.