[Sonar] WYC Training sessions

Ernest Brody epbrody at earthlink.net
Fri Apr 28 09:09:45 CDT 2006

Hello to all Sonar Fleet Members

Spring is here and sailing is about to begin.  That also means that Training
Sessions are about to happen and we need help at the door.  The most
pressing needs are usually the first Tuesday, May 2 and the first Saturday
May 6.  That is when we sell most of the tickets.  After that the majority
of the attendees have their tickets and we are selling singles.

Anyway, we need help at the door.  If you can come to help it would be
great.  Tuesday 6:45 PM and Saturday 7:45 AM.  Please let me know if you
will be coming to help so I can have an idea of the work force.  Usual deal:
you help, you attend free.  There is a new course to be explained so be sure
to attend.

Also we will need boats for the Saturday morning sessions.  We have
interested a lot of people in the Sonar just by having them on the boat.
The boat sells itself so Saturday morning Training is one of our best sales
tools.  If you have a prospect, let me know so I can put him/her on a Sonar.

Likewise, this is an excellent chance to find new crew.  Many crew members
have told me "You put me on __'s Sonar and I've been with him/her ever
since.  I love the boat."  There are a lot of people who come just to start
racing with WYC.  They might as well be on your boat.

May 6 is Starts, the most exciting session.  May 13 is Reaches and
Roundings, a chance to taunt your competitors.  May 20 is the Spinnakers and
the Graduation Cup, putting the new crew together.  Then we're ready for the
Shepstone weekend on May 27 & 28.

Ernest