[Sonar] Fw: Jib Sheet

J.R. (home) johnrainaldi at myrealbox.com
Thu Jun 1 00:19:45 CDT 2006

Hello Fleet,

Steve sent this message regarding jib sheets.

Hi Guys,

A question came up regarding the length of line to use for a single jib sheet.  Our old one was 31-1/2' long and was longer than we needed.  Our new one is 28' long and it's OK, but maybe a little bit short.  30' would probably be perfect.

Our old sheet was nothing special braided Dacron, 5/16" diameter.  Our new sheet is 8 mm Swiftcord, see the link below.  The 8 mm diameter is a tiny bit larger than 5/16", but runs through the clew blocks fine.  Melissa liked the feel of the Dacron line better, but the Swiftcord doesn't absorb water.

I don't have e-mail addresses for everyone, so I'll leave it up to you guys to pass the info around.

Steve