[Sonar] SAILING SEMINAR & CLINIC - May 26-28 - Friday Review / Saturday Schedule

J.R. (home) johnrainaldi at myrealbox.com
Mon May 22 23:43:42 CDT 2006

Members & Friends of Sonar Fleet 5 - PLEASE take time to review the information below.

1)  This invitation is to YOU!!  You do NOT need to be a boat owner or a regular on a Sonar to participate in this weekends events.  We will have enough boats to get everyone on the water!

2)  We still need your help with some items for this weekend.  See the below lists of Friday & Saturdays needs.  Please reply to this email or Call JR 612-290-1499 if you are willing to volunteer to fill any of the weekends needs.

3)  You already have or should have responded to Franks RSVP for Friday evening. (if you have not please do so NOW) rainaldi at prodigy.net

4)  For Saturday, please reply to me by email (NOT verbally) the meals you will be attending and how many people you represent for each meal.

     Breakfast

     Lunch

     Dinner

Fridays Needs

*** Video Camera & Tripod - Our biggest need for Friday and the weekend!!!!

We still need at least 1 Video Camera for the weekend.

Please contact JR if you can get your hands on one!!!!!

Friday Events

Refer to Franks Email on May 17th or on the web at the address below

http://lists.wyc.org/pipermail/sonar/2006-May/000409.html

(Frank & CJ have the evening coordinated with the exception of the camera.)

Saturday Volunteer Needs

- Items

At least one Video Camera preferably two.

- People

Person to video tape 11:30 (1.5-2hr) 1st on the water session from Whaler or powerboat.

Person to video tape 2:00 (2-2.5hr) 2nd on the water session from Whaler or powerboat.

- Food items needed (** Note fleet will reimburse you for food costs)

Need two volunteers to purchase or prepare salads each for 15-20 people

Saturday Events & Volunteers

8:30 - 9:30 -    Breakfast @ Fittipaldis

                        1037 Lake Street E

                        Wayzata, MN  55391

                        (Chris's home 952-473-2872)

                        (Coordinator Chris Fittipaldi)

To allow for partial Saturday participation and to make the day as enjoyable experience as possible we will attempt to follow the below schedule.  However, the days activities will need to remain flexible depending on the weather and group needs.

10:00 - Presentation to Fleet #5 at WYC by Steve Shepstone on "How to tune a Sonar" Steve will demonstrate and give detailed group instruction including his tips and trick on tuning a Sonar!!!

After the group presentation, for those who what it, Steve will spend a short time with each individual boat to review tuning and setup.

(Coordinator Tom Brown)

(Doug will video tape presentation)

11:15 - Boat & People assignments for 1st session

11:30 - 1st Session on the water training

(Boats, buoys & bullhorn - Coordinated by Ernest Brody & John Rainaldi )

(On water structure to be determined by Shepstones and Fleet 5 members)

1:00ish - Lunch

(Coordinator Chris Fittipaldi 612-239-8497 & Becca Lundberg)

1:45 - Boat & People assignments for 2nd session

(On water structure to be determined by Shepstones and Fleet 5 members)

2:00 to 4:00ish - 2nd Session on the water training

(Resources Coordinated by Ernest Brody & John Rainaldi)

5:30 - Dinner (*** Still need some volunteers to prepare some food seen Saturday needs above)

            (Coordinator JR 612-290-1499)

6:30 - Shepstones chalk talk session & Review of the days events.