[Sonar] Meeting Minutes (draft)

Mark Kochendorfer markoch at gmail.com
Sun Apr 29 01:28:43 UTC 2007

Let me know if I have any errors in this.

Sonar Fleet 5 minutes from 4/26/07.
Representatives from #391, 464, 69, 311, 25, 159, 22, 225, 239, 24, 113
attended.

Bert's proposal was discussed.  Bert has asked that we race Paralympic style
for several races this summer.  It was moved, seconded, and approved that
all Sonars will race with out spinnakers for the dates proposed.  1st G, 3rd
A, 4th G, ADA, 5th G, 6th A, 2nd T.  That is six races plus the ADA.

Steve Palm pitched the Kattack program.  There is 50% off if we can come up
with 4 or more participants.  A sign up sheet went around.  Everyone can
participate if they have or purchase a GPS with a USB port.  The club is
paying to upload the data and to display it after the race.  There is only a
cost if you wish to view it at work or home.  That fee is $100 annually ($50
if we get 4 or more this first year).

We are ordering fleet shirts.  $14.95 each.  Contact Chuck Bangasser with
your order before May 6th.  They will have the club burgee, say Sonar Fleet
5, and the Sonar logo

The snack roster has been sent out.  Start trading dates where there are
conflicts so that everyone can participate.  Let me know about any changes.

It was decided to award average points for races missed due to "official"
Sonar races on other lakes and oceans.  Travel time is not included--use
your throw outs for those.  Only the actual regatta dates are covered.
Regattas not on sonar.org are not to be given average points.

We will do the usual after race party August 5th.

We have a Sonar Regatta on the calendar for Sept 7-9 at the same time as the
Capri World Champs.  This needs work to make it happen.

Meeting was adjourned due to cold temps.

--
Mark