[Sonar] Two crew members available for Sunday

tbrown9163 at comcast.net tbrown9163 at comcast.net
Sat Aug 2 01:17:25 UTC 2008

Two single women.  They've said they can be split.   They are WYC sailing class students so I'd hate to see them sitting at the table or going to the 'dark' side to the Capri fleet only to have multiple winch bruises for their time on the water not to come back due to the pain.    They've been told that they will get rides from the class,  if they're at the table,  better it be on a Sonar.   Bruce Kirby told me so (the designer of the Sonar and Laser) when I was at  Marblehead MA  with Marty's crew last fall at the Sonar World Championships(Bruce is a very down to earth guy that remembers your name from year to year).   He personally has told me he how expects a good report of how the Wayzata Sonar fleet has increased this year.   I hope to give a report of our fleet after the Star of the North regatta,  which he's considering coming to BTW.

Sorry,  I've already committed to 4 on Sunday via Tally Ho!s now UK famous (the boat name was after a Battle of Britain hero who taught my GF and father how to sail, relative)  website.   Tally Ho! will actually be a true Downeast crew on Sunday with everyone from or lots of experience sailing or born on,  the tides of the Gulf of Maine.  Watch out for us on the downwind leg,   Us Downeaster's are dynamite downwind!

Mac: You'll be at Vinyalhaven soon.  Let me give you Doyle's or Arnie's email address if you want to do the  Monhegan Is. race which will be about when you'll be there.   Don't bother with Boon Island race offers...that's a day race and often a drifter.  You can get on Scaramouche  Arnie's (SC 70) or Doyle's boat if Candice and baby let you.  (they should...its only a two day race, a minor investment)  if you can put up with the continuous 4 letter vocabulary you'll be fine.    The last time I did that race,  it was a naviguessor race, we saw nothing until the committee boat except through radar. (4 different legs of the race).

--
Thomas M. Brown