[Sonar] This Sunday and Star of the North Regatta

Bert Foster Bert at apexq.com
Wed Jul 9 18:56:04 UTC 2008

Hi All,

1)   Carmella and I may not be back from a family wedding
trip.  Trophies by Linda is a great place to get trophies that are
not too costly.  The 5 trophies Team Captain Hook give last year were
under $100.  Many of their stock parts to assemble trophies are
"plastic bowling style" trophies.  If you wanted some unusual
sailboat trophies you could go there look through their many
catalogues and they would order what you wanted.
Trophies by Linda
10550 County Rd 81
Maple Grove, MN 55369-4073
763-425-5335

2)  It would be good to ask Dutch Bull and Lew Sacks from the Capri
fleet to your meeting Sunday.

3)  I have talked to Tom Elsen about the S2 7.9 Fleet joining the
regatta. They have 10-12 WYC boats and there is a new 6 boat fleet at
ST. Croix YC that I talked to who said they would love to come over
to WYC for the "Intergalactic. Championship".  Maybe all over you
could talk about regatta plans.  This might develop into the premier
annual event for the 3 fleets.  Who knows.

Regards,
Bert