[Sonar] An idea for the fall Sonar regatta name

tbrown9163 at comcast.net tbrown9163 at comcast.net
Mon Jun 9 16:33:37 UTC 2008

The Winnipeg Canadians have already been invited and are sounding positive to attending.

Ernie is tasked with getting with Rick Doerr of the Sonar Class Association to make sure our proposed regatta names don't run afoul with any class interests  (since this will more than likely not be a class sanctioned event).   It may be that we cannot include the name Sonar in it.

Once we get a name however and we've cleared up the schedule error,   the dates and regatta name will also go into Sonar.org.   The Galveston,  KC and other fleets will be notified also.

Those of you who are considering chartering/lending your boat out:  now is a good time to see if there are any insurance issues.

A lot of the infrastructure with the dinner,  raffle,  silent auction, sponsors is already done for us courtesy of the Capri organization.   I'm communicating with Dutch Bull to make sure that schedules/costs are known and manageable for us.

However,   I would like to see if someone in the fleet would like to propose and order, organize the trophies.   Any takers?

--
Thomas M. Brown