[Sonar] Kids medals

tbrown9163 at comcast.net tbrown9163 at comcast.net
Fri Oct 24 00:44:59 UTC 2008

Just wanted to let everyone know that the LOWISA (Lake of the Woods International Sailing Association) youth medals that were never handed out two years ago have become in my possession.  ( I bought them for LOWISA 40 in 2006 but were not handed out in preference to trophies bought by my co-commodore at the time)

I would love to give these out as Sonar youth sailing awards.   Right now they are burning a hole in my dresser drawer,  just waiting to go to deserving and aspiring young Sonar skipper recipients.   Yes,  even if you got your pant leg stuck on the tiller and hit the committee boat!

Let me know what you'd like me to do.  I've got enough of them to even give to participating crew members,  like Peter and Marie.  For the younger generation,  its all about recognition.

My first medal was for a race when I was 7 on a Snipe racing against the Japanese local kids on Wednesday nights...(they were really good BTW,  no wonder they've taken a good share of the world championships).. around what we called "Monkey Island"  (it really had monkeys on it) at Yokosuka Japan.   Medals mean a lot to kids.

The banquet may not always be a fun thing for kids,  but mom and dad can come home with something with something for them to really remember.

Blair,  I 've addressed this to you as well.  (Lake Winnipeg)  If you have kids under 18 onboard during the SofN regatta,  I'll send some up to you.

--
Thomas M. Brown