[Sonar] Coached team race practice Monday evening 7/27, and non-coached Sunday a.m.

becca lundberg beccalundberg at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 24 14:04:34 CDT 2009

I plan on being there.

Becca Lundberg
knottysailor at gmail.com
612-961-0861

Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2009 20:53:46 -0700
From: martyfossen at yahoo.com
To: sonar at lists.wyc.org
CC: MYC at aol.com
Subject: [Sonar] Coached team race practice Monday evening 7/27, and non-coached Sunday a.m.

Hello Fleet 5,

Blake will be coaching us Monday evening, 6:00 pm.  Ideally, we'll be leaving the docks at 6:00.  Please respond if you're coming, if you're bringing a boat.  Based on numbers, Blake will create a lesson plan for us.

If weather doesn't cooperate, I suspect Blake will talk to us and/or I have an excellent DVD that we can watch.  It's not the same as the one associated with links previously sent.  This DVD is "Teaching Team Racing" by Steve Hunt and Clark Dawson.  Lots of real life video of team racing moves shown along with great explanations.

Also, non-coached practice on for Sunday morning 10:00.  Focused on drills such as "piggy in the middle".   Weather currently looks great for this time slot.  I'll get there early and put out a couple buoys.  Here again, respond if you can come, if you can bring a boat.

Thanks,
MF