[Sonar] Fleet captain meeting

Mark Kochendorfer markoch at gmail.com
Thu May 7 17:03:35 CDT 2009

Here are some notes from the Fleet Captain meeting.

Scoring

Contact me if you notice a scoring error after the day of the race.
Especially DNF.  DNF should score 1 more point than last place boat.

Crew

We are doing a better job of getting crew to purchase memberships.  Boat
owners please keep on this task.  The club policy is that crew needs to pay
for a membership after 3 free races.  This has nothing to do with the cost
of beer, it is to support all our other expenses.

Uninvited guests are welcome, but you can only be a guest three times.

Parking

There is lots of concern from the city about Thursday nights. Do not park in
front of anyones house.  Shady lane is off limits.  Use the Bay Center if
nothing else is available.  We will have more space in the East lot this
year.  Watch for more announcements on this.

Rules change

The biggest change in the new racing rules of sailing is the 3 boat length
circle.  The club will put out a slow wake buoy 70' from our marina red buoy
to help us all visualize what this new distance looks like.

Match Racing

Any boats can match race.  Races will alternate with drill nights.  Get two
Sonars and come or participate on other boats.

Seats remain for morning lights.  Buy them ASAP.

--
Mark