[Sonar] Additional 2010 Team racing events to consider

Martin Fossen martyfossen at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 25 20:21:42 CST 2009

Hey Team racers,

I made a few inquiries.  Of course we'll do the Sheboygan thing again, but others events to consider include:

Texas Corithian Yacht Club in March, dates yet to be determined.   On Sonars.  This is the club on Galvaston Bay that hosted the Kirby Cup a couple years ago to which a number of us went down for.  I've corresponded with Joel Scott and he'll let me know when they get the pieces in place.

Windy City team race.  Chicago Corinthian YC.  Last year it was later in June.  No dates posted yet for 2010 but I checked with the person who ran it last year and he said we should come.  It on Vanguard 15s.  Are there 6 of us who are up for the challenge off Vanguard 15s?

The Jackson cup at Boston Yacht Club at Marblehead.  On Sonars.  I didn't
 find dates yet but they typically hold this event mid April.  It attracts high-level teams from the East coast as well as a couple teams from the UK so it might be hard to get an invite.  But if there's strong interest, I could inquire further.

The order of the three events above also represents the order of my interest and excitement about going.  So I'll be recruiting hard for the TCYC event.  Stay tuned and have your mind set for a weekend in Texas in March.  By the way, the TCYC team might be interested in coming up North for our team racing event(s) as well.

Happy Thanksgiving,
MF