[Sonar] Team Captain Hook Training Labor Day Weekend at WYC

Bert Foster Bert at apexq.com
Mon Aug 30 18:27:42 CDT 2010

Hi All,
Both David and Michael are coming to WYC Thursday afternoon.  We will
test sail and race Thursday night.  It was pretty exciting last
Thurs. with 102 boats in the bay.  We historically get 75-80 boats
for bumper boats in the bay.  Also coming to WYC is a wonderful coach
and professional sailor, John Powell,  who sailed with Leonard and
Carmella in Chicago.  Also coming is Johnny Peterson's "Team John"
who have been training in Sesame Street to prepare for the Mallory in
Sheboygan in Sonars and will train with us again.  We all want to get
better and this is the way to do it.

We will be training all weekend, and all Sonars are invited to train
with us and get the same coaching.  We will be taking videos from a
coach boat and having debriefs for all who attend.  See schedule
below.   Also Gordy Bowers will spend most of Saturday on the Water
working with us.  We will figure details of what drills we need to
do, but they will include:  starting drills, many short races, speed testing,
tacking battles, some match racing before the start of a fleet race
starting drill, spinnaker training.  Come Thurs night after the race
to help plan the weekend, and when you can come.  Crew are welcome
even if their skipper can't come.  We will do what we can to put you
on a boat.  Having 3 boats is much better than 2 and having 4 is
really great.  We all want to get better and this is the way to do it.

DOES ANYONE HAVE A VIDEO CAMERA WE COULD USE?

Draft Schedule Plan.
Friday afternoon, training after lunch.
Friday evening, Sonar Fleet #5 splash party
Saturday, a morning and afternoon session
Sunday, match racing in the morning, Champ race in the afternoon
Monday, morning and afternoon sessions

Regards,
Bert

Bert Foster, Skipper