[Sonar] Collection for John Powell

Bert Foster Bert at apexq.com
Wed Sep 8 17:28:06 CDT 2010

Hi All,
Great training this weekend and hard work by all.  I heard lots of
positive comments.

In Chicago, when I talked to John Powell about coming to WYC to run a
training camp for Team Captain Hook and as many of the Sonar Fleet #5
sailors as show up, I told him that I couldn't pay him much as Team
Captain Hook is currently low on funds.  He is currently unemployed
and broke.  He wanted to come and said, If I would cover his gas,
take care of lodging and food, and if people who came simply gave
what they thought it was worth to them, he would be happy and
come.  Today I gave him $150 to buy gas and hold him until his
unemployment comes Friday.

After talking to several of you, I put a plan together.

1)  The suggested amount for each person who attended is $
10-15-20-25-30 per session that you attended or what ever you thought
it was worth or think you can afford.

2)  Mail me a tax deductible contribution (check) payable to
"Paralympic Team Captain Hook"  (this is a 501C3), 19150 Park Ave,
Wayzata, MN 55391.  If you could do this right away, I will send a
check to John.
OR go to the link below and use your credit/debit card:

http://www.paralympicteamcaptainhook.org/Donate/tabid/62/Default.aspx

Thanks for helping on this.
Regards,

Bert Foster, Skipper