[Sonar] A proposal for the short course regatta concept

John Graves jgraves at convey.com
Mon Dec 3 17:21:37 CST 2012

I think it's a great idea!

________________________________
John Graves
Chairman
Toll Free: (800) 334-1099
Email: jgraves at convey.com<mailto:jgraves at convey.com>
________________________________
Convey Compliance Systems
Your Trusted Path to Compliance
www.convey.com<http://www.convey.com>
________________________________

On Dec 3, 2012, at 1:49 PM, "Ernest Brody" <epbrody at earthlink.net<mailto:epbrody at earthlink.net>> wrote:

On Saturday at Charlie and Meghan’s (thank you very much for hosting) Bert introduced the idea of short course racing in the Bay for a fleet 2 or 3 Sundays during the season.  These would be individually scored with their own trophies and not part of the Sunday Champ series.

I propose that the Sonar fleet use this for crew trade-around.  We did this on Thursdays many years ago and it brought a lot of people’s skill level up a notch or two.

The idea would be

·        One person who knows the boat, skipper or regular crew, is on each boat

·        The other people for that day are a mixture from other boats

·        The results from the races count for the boat regardless of who did what on the boat

Benefits are

·        People will trade knowledge and skills so newer sailors learn from more experienced sailors

·        Skill levels all around will increase

·        A boat which is often in the back of the fleet might win the day with more experienced sailors on board

·        Fleet members will become better acquainted with each other

What do you think?  We will need someone to herd the cats.

Ernest