[Sonar] Fleet mtg agenda topics

Martin Fossen martyfossen at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 28 20:28:28 CST 2013

Hello Fleet 5,

Below are a few of the things to discuss Saturday.  Please give these topics some thought between now and Saturday.  Feel free to state opinions on things in this virtual forum to potentially get a head start on the meeting discussions.  Feel free to offer additional ideas for our agenda.

1)  Ratification of our new officer slate
     Marty steps out, Sarah moves to Fleet Captain, Howard moves to Treasurer,
     Sarah and Howard to nominate a new Secretary

2)  Fleet roster changes (hopefully additions)

3)  The new Sunday Bay series format.
Carmella explained to me that our fleet needs to decide  "the timing and duration of our 3 Sunday Rumbles in the Bay.  What time do we want to start, and how late do we want to go?  Some fleets may want to start at 10:00 and make it an all-day marathon.  People I have talked to from the Sonar fleet seem to prefer a later start, perhaps noon.  The SIs are (not finalized) tentatively going to say that only one race may be started after the other fleets return from the Champ race on the Main Lake.  We may want to specify a maximum of 5 races for the Sonars.  I am sure Bert will have suggestions.  :o)"

4)  Repeat business:
     a)  Lonar date, and the race it replaces
     b)  SotN dates, and the races it replaces
     c)  Other WYC race schedule changes specific to the Sonar fleet.
     d)  Volunteer opportunities for B-series party, May Seminars, and other events and parties
     e)  other repeat business?

5)   Sonar Team racing
       Where it is, where it's going

6)   Sonar Worlds and other non-Minnetonka events.  Who's interested in going?

7)  Sharing of Sonar boat-speed and racing knowledge.
     Last year we had a plan to do post-race debriefs in effort to share insights.  That plan just didn't fly.  I think because most people want to decompress post race.  What other approaches might be more effective?

That's all I can think of at the moment.  As I mentioned, please feel free to chime in.
MF